Conforming and Government Mortgage Limits
The “Loan Limits” button below leads to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s FHA Mortgage Limits page. This interactive form allows you to look up current government and conforming loan rate limits for your area.
The following tips will help you find the correct information:
- Select California from the “State” dropdown menu.
- Enter the name of the “County” in which the property is located.
- From the “Limit Type” dropdown, select one:
- FHA Forward (government loans)
- HECM (reverse mortgages)
- Fannie/Freddie (conforming loans — most common)
- From the “Limit Year” dropdown, select the current year (CY).
- Click the “Send” button.
When looking for a home loan it’s easy to get overwhelmed by all the initials, acronyms, and jargon. To help, we’ve put together a very short glossary to explain some of the most common mortgage terms.